Thank you for visiting my website. My name is Mark, and I am an MBA student at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. I am a finance professional and grateful to have a chance to be a part of the Citylab project because it allows me to branch out from the world of big corporations and apply those same business concepts on a local level to social ventures for a neighborhood with tremendous opportunity. I have a passion for helping people, especially young people, rise above disadvantageous circumstances, and I spend time volunteering for organizations with that same goal. I plan to use my time with Citylab to focus on the mission of incentivizing at risk young people to overcome obstacles and lead an engaged, sustainable, fulfilling way of life.
My Professional Experience: Commodities Trader
- Basis risk manager for $100M+ energy asset portfolio
- 7 year professional background in analytical and trading positions
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and functional comprehension of R programming software
- Some project management experience
My Education: Statistics Major
- MS in Statistics. UMBC. 2006
- BS in Decision Science and Statistics. University of Maryland College Park. 2003
My Lifestyle: 8 Year Baltimore City Resident
- Grew up near Annapolis
- Canton Resident. Currently renovating a row home near the dog park.
- Active community volunteer including service with The 6th Branch's Operation Oliver, Real Food Farms, Habitat for Humanity, The Loading Dock, and Grace of God Homeless Ministry.